Thursday, June 16, 2011

The joy of humility.



As soon as I can figure out Blogger, I think we'll be underway. For some reason, it's completely conquering me. I am not smarter than it. I click on things and they lead nowhere. I feel like I'm 95 and trying to use an iphone or something. Instead, I'm 26 and can't use a simple blogger utilized by 13 year olds for their intense web logging of the Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber romance.

Alas, thus is life. Humility through frustration.

In other news, I am doing well with my current writing project. (My first legitimate one.) I hope to have the chapters the way I want them by the end of the summer. The critique group has given some precious criticism. I'm talking...good stuff. If you would have told me even a year ago that my book would be here, I wouldn't have believed it. It has a genre, an age group and even a thick cast of characters who are quickly becoming my alter-egos. I can't get them off my mind and that's a good thing.

My newest goal is to get some followers on this thing so that I don't feel like I'm talking at an abyss of nothing. We writers need readers, after all. They are the heart that keeps our blood pumping.

To my three followers, thank you for reading. As soon as I can figure out how to tell who you are, I'll follow you as well. I'm pretty sure all three of you are family (I know at least 2 out of the 3 are) but thank you anyway. We'll build this thing if it takes all summer!

Happy writing!

1 comment: